TimeSlips Creative Storytelling
TimeSlips is... an improvisational storytelling method that replaces the pressure to remember with the freedom to imagine.
Originally designed to support growth and learning with people with dementia and their caregivers, the TimeSlips method is fun for anyone.
The TimeSlips Project aims to:
- Inspire people with dementia to hone and share the gifts of their imaginations
- Inspire others to see beyond loss to recognize the strengths of people with dementia
- Improve the quality of life of people with dementia and those who care for them
To achieve these goals, the TimeSlips Project:
- Offers training, certification, and consulting for facilitators and organizations
- Acts as a resource for those dedicated to transforming dementia care through creative engagement
Try us out! Visit www.timeslips.org to:
- Read stories by others around the world
- Write stories in response to a prompt
- Invite friends to tell stories with you via our "collaborate" button
- Print an image, tell a story with a group, and copy/paste the story later
- "Publish" your stories to share them publicly
- Email Published stories to friends
- Leave stories "Unpublished" or private
- Get access to our Online Training to learn more about storytelling with people with cognitive disabilities
Come and play! Start a story!
The TimeSlips service mark is owned by TimeSlips LLC, and licensed to the University of Wisconsin Milwaukee.
For all inquiries about additional licensing, contact Sue Braden.